Creating a strategy for performance
is not a matter of planning the future based on the past. It is an active, future-focused effort
of achieving alignment between the functions and factors that drive performance:
- The end the business is trying to achieve (objectives)
- The right leadership and structure in place to pursue the specific end
- And the right people equipped with the right processes and tools to execute change
- At the center of it all is the environment that enlivens every endeavor
Out of this alignment, you can define leading indicators and activity measurement to provide insight into performance
and make adjustments to impact outcomes. The right dashboards are needed for the right function:
- Management-level dashboards - business visibility to help decision making
Without alignment, such measurement is just monitoring.
- Knowledge worker-level - activity-based indicators to know where improvements are needed
Alignment frees everyone to perform to best focusing on the right things at the right times with the right output.